AYSO Region 87
San Juan Capistrano / Dana Point
Click here for the Fall 2012 City of SJC Field Permit
Please take a couple minutes and read through the following guidelines. Everybody needs to be "on the same page" as to what is expected from us on game days in order to ensure that we can continue to run a smooth operating, high quality youth soccer program.
Thank you for stepping up and giving your time to the kids of Region 87!
- It is the responsibility of both teams that have the first game of the day (home team for Area/Extra play) to prepare the fields. This means painting ALL the lines including a continuous goal line (goal needs to be moved back), goal area, penalty area, penalty arc, penalty spot, corner arcs, halfway line and center circle. Also putting out the corner flags and securing the goals with sandbags where necessary. PLEASE DISPOSE OF SPENT PAINT CANS in the trash receptacles and keep the storage sheds neat. Please refer to the document on the Fields page of our Region website. If the field is not ready then the referee will not start the match until the field is properly prepared. The game will be shortened by the amount of time it takes to get the field ready which is UNFAIR TO THE KIDS.
PLAYER LINEUP CARDS
- U9 and up coaches must provide the pre-printed OFFICIAL LINEUP CARD that was given to them by the Regional Commissioner. U7 & U8 coaches can ask their Division Coordinators for an eAYSO generated PDF file that they can print out and give to the referee. All lineup cards must have the players jersey number clearly printed next to the name.
PLAYER UNIFORMS & EQUIPMENT
- JEWELRY OF ANY KIND IS NOT PERMITTED. If a player just got her ears pierced - earrings must be removed or player can not play. It is NOT acceptable to cover up earrings with tape or band-aids. Shinguards must be worn UNDER socks (next to skin) and be COMPLETELY covered by the socks. It is NOT acceptable to wear the sock underneath and fold the sock over the top of the shinguard. Jerseys must be matching colors with unique numbers for all players. You can apply athletic tape to create a unique number if necessary. Goalkeepers should wear a jersey or "pinnie" that is a different color than either team's field players.
The home team should provide 2 or 3 properly inflated game balls.
COACHES/PARENTS ON THE FIELD
- Coaches/parents are NOT allowed on the field (except for as provided in the U7/U8 Guidelines) without the permission of the referee. Coaches must remain within the technical area throughout the game. If the technical area is not clearly marked - it is defined by the perimeter of the center circle extended toward the touch line (10 yards either side of the halfway line.
- In U14 and under games there are four substitution opportunities. They are: Midway through the first half; Halftime, Midway through the second half and for injury. A substitution break should only take about a minute to complete and play should resume ASAP. The referees do NOT stop the clock for the substitution break. Players should remain on the field during the substitution break. Parents can come to the touchline to give their players a quick drink. Did you know that it is a misconduct (yellow card) for a player to leave or enter the field without the permission of the referee? The substitution break is NOT a coaching opportunity. Coaches should be well organized and plan ahead for substitutions. Do not delay the restart of the game! Extra time will NOT be added at the end of the half to make up for time wasted during substitutions which is UNFAIR TO THE KIDS.
RESPECT THE CALLS (NON-CALLS) OF THE OFFICIALS
- Do not disagree with the decisions made by the referee crew. If you think that a mistake was made on the direction of a restart, whether a foul did or didn't occur, whether a player was or wasn't offside... you need to KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. When coaches start complaining about the referees - it inspires other spectators and players to do the same. THIS IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
Refer to the Region 87 Policies page for the Misconduct and Disciplinary Action Policy.
- It is the home team's responsibility to collect the corner flags and secure them in the storage locker when they are the last game of the day on that field. If there is a question if you are the last game of the day... if there are not teams waiting to take the field; then break down the field. Field Parent(s) should also pick up any trash or debris and deposit in nearby garbage/recycling. Lost and Found articles can be put into the storage locker.
Fall 2012 U6 Guidelines
Fall 2012 U7-U8 Guidelines
Fall 2012 Referee Guidelines
2012 Volunteer Point Policy
Procedure for Kicks from the Penalty Mark
AYSO Lineup Card
Player Rating Instructions
Copyright © Clubspaces. All Rights Reserved.